February 17th, 2010
This is a very active time for home exchange travelers. Many swapers are finalizing their summer vacations on JewettStreet. Come and join us! Right now we run a membership special for € 30/ US$ 30. You save 25 % with discount code Swap2010. The promotion ends on February 28, 2010. Join us now
JewettStreet’s Advantages at a Glance
- A guaranteed home exchange in your first year, or the next 6 months are on us!
- Personal coaching how to arrange a successful home exchange.
- Absolute discretion.
- Membership includes up to 3 listings! (e.g. your primary home, your second home, your yacht, your RV).
- Access to 15.000+ listings through our partner agency - for you free
- A user- friendly and easy to navigate website.
- A 1-click contact form allows for easy first contact between members.
- You can load up to 7 photos for each listing.
- We have an extensive Advanced Search function.
- We offer you a quick response customer service by email and phone.
- Our listings are up-to-date.
- Our team of international travelers (of various cultural backgrounds) have lived overseas for many years. Whatever your question, rest assured you will be in good hands. We will help you find the best possible solution.
View Latest Listings
November 16th, 2009
There dozens of home exchange sites available on the Internet. Some have been around for decades, others are brand-new. There are big differences in the quality and services of home exchange clubs. Ask yourself, for instance, how easily can you navigate through their system,
how quickly do they respond to a customer question,
do they have advertisement on the site,
how do you like the overall appeal of the site?
Choose one or several clubs that feel right to you.
Home Exchange clubs that ask you for a small membership fee usually are established sites. Their members are committed home exchangers, often returning year after year. This gives you a much greater chance of finding your own home exchange.
Consider how much you pay for a simple hotel room in any metropolitan area. Just one night at you first home exchange destination will already cover the costs of your membership with an established home exchange agency.
In addition, if you don’t find a home exchange in your first year, JewettStreet, for instance, offers you an additional free six months of membership and develops a personal home exchange success strategy with you.
So, in case you still wonder if you should join a free or a fee-based home exchange club, remember, you get what you pay for!
August 23rd, 2009
Last week, in the midst of dinner preparation time, a door-to-door salesman knocked at our front door. He was the second one within two days. This hadn’t happened in years and it reminded me of long forgotten times as a child, when traveling salesmen were a common sight in residential areas where I grew up in Switzerland. In the course of our 30-second conversation, he put his attention to two things mainly: He tried to get a glance at the inside of our home and gave the heirloom coral beaded necklace I wore an appraising look. I was perplexed. We live in one of the wealthiest areas of Germany, the country is in the middle of a deep recession, there are school holidays in Bavaria and all of a sudden traveling salesmen start to show up at doors again. Not during the day, but in the evening, when people who are not on vacation are more likely to be at home and therefore unoccupied residences are more noticeable.
Maybe I overreacted and the traveling salesman was honestly trying to sell household products, but the thought of having home exchangers in our house while we will be on vacation the coming weeks made me feel much more comfortable.
Your home exchange guests make great house sitters and they can take care of your animal(s) and plants, too. What a fantastic deal!